- This event has passed.
Explore Ballona! Beginners Bird Watching & Creek Cleanup
October 21, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Join Friends of Ballona Wetlands (FBW) for some casual bird watching and a lil’ creek cleanup while exploring your local wetlands! Help FBW restore the last coastal wetland in LA County with hands-on experience while learning about wetlands & wildlife.
Helpful tips for a fun and safe experience:
- Event begins promptly at 9:30 AM! Please no late arrivals.
- Everyone must sign two liability waivers: FBW waiver and a HtB waiver. Anyone under the age of 18 must have their waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Ages 7+ recommended for this event.
- Closed-toed shoes required. Bring a reusable water bottle as there are no water fountains on site.
- Binoculars, gloves and cleanup equipment provided.
- Parking: Available in the gravel parking lot behind Gordon’s/Alkali Water Market (303 Culver Blvd., Playa del Rey, 90293), entrance is in the northeast corner of the lot.
Questions? Call Neysa Frechette with Friends of Ballona Wetlands at 310-306-5994 or call or email Alys Arenas at email@example.com or 310-451-1500 x148.
Check out our citizen science, educational, training and volunteer opportunities happening this month around L.A. County with Heal the Bay and at the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium.