2019 Calendar Coming Soon!
Nothin’ But Sand: Hermosa Beach Cleanup
November 17 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
PROTECT WHAT YOU LOVE
Location: Hermosa Beach Pier
This is a great experience for you and your family, friends and co-workers to get involved in the community and environment. All you need to do is show up…and bring reusable supplies, if possible!
This Event Is “Sold Out”!
Nothin’ But Sand Cleanup Event Information
- General Admission: Each volunteer will need to register individually unless you are bringing a youth group or family.
- Youth Group Leaders: You can register groups of 2-100 people under the Youth Group ticket type.
- Overflow Admission: When our general admission sells out, you can still register, however you will be responsible for bringing your own cleanup supplies: a bucket or trash bag, and a garden glove or latex gloves. Please bring your own water to this event to prevent dehydration.
- Waiver: Save trees and complete our digital waiver during the EventBrite registration process. It only takes a few minutes online and it will save you time waiting in line at the cleanup. All individual cleanup volunteers must complete our online waiver or bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup.
- Parking: We suggest getting there early and carpooling whenever possible. Bring cash if you plan to park in the lot (unfortunately, there is no discounted parking) or come early to find street metered parking.
- Minors: Volunteers ages 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Volunteers under 18 years old must have a waiver signed by parent or guardian.
- Service Hours: These forms will be signed by the beach captain at the end of the cleanup. Please do this the day of the cleanup as we cannot verify service hours after the event.
- Zero-Waste: Help us make Nothin’ But Sand a zero-waste event! Buckets, garden gloves, water and healthy KIND Snacks (while supplies last) will be provided ,but we encourage you to bring your own reusable cleanup supplies and a reusable water bottle so we can reduce our environmental footprint.
- Prepare for Weather: Please be prepared to be outside for 2-3 hours. Beach weather can be unpredictably hot or cold, so we recommend dressing in layers. We also encourage you to bring a filled reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, and to bring a snack in case you get hungry. Water is available at all cleanups.
- Questions?: If you have any questions or concerns, please send us an email.
Note: Nothin’ But Sand is a rain or shine event. Cleanups are only cancelled for lightning or thunderstorms. We will still hold the cleanup in light and steady rain.
Heal the Bay’s Event Calendar of Aquarium, Beach, Outreach, Community Science and Youth programs and activities in Los Angeles County.