Events for Heal the Bay
- This event has passed.
Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup
August 21 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
We provide the supplies, all you need to do is register, sign a waiver*, and show up! (ONLY individuals under 18 bring a signed waiver*)
All COVID-19 safety guidelines and recommendations will be followed, masks are recommended but not required for vaccinated participants.
Each volunteer registers individually unless they are with a group or family
- Individuals under 18: reserve a ticket and bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup
- Families: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of partner/children
- Groups: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of group members
- Sold out? We will host another Nothin’ But Sand cleanup next month. Please stay tuned for more details.
Sign a Waiver
- Individuals over 18 and Families sign a virtual waiver through Eventbrite (when reserving a ticket)
- Group and Individuals Under 18 must bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup.
- Service hour forms will be signed by a beach captain at the end of the cleanup. Please request a service hour forms the day of the cleanup as we cannot verify service hours after the event
- Help us make Nothin’ But Sand a zero-waste event by bringing your own buckets, garden gloves, and a reusable mask and water bottle
- Be prepared to be outside for 2-3 hours. Beach weather can be unpredictable, so we recommend dressing in layers. Water is available at all cleanups.
- If you have any questions or concerns please email Emely Garcia, our Beach Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to acknowledge that this cleanup will take place on the traditional lands of the Tongva and Chumash People, and we pay respect to elders both past and present.
Heal the Bay’s Calendar features Aquarium, Beach, Outreach, Community Science and Youth events in Los Angeles County.
Want to quickly register for an event you see listed on our calendar? Hop over to Eventbrite and complete your registration. Please note, only events that require registration are listed on Eventbrite.
Wanna roll up your sleeves and become a Heal the Bay Volunteer? We have five distinct volunteer programs that we offer. Each program has a specific training associated with it as well as its own volunteer roles.
Aquarium – Aquarium volunteers work at Heal the Bay Aquarium under the Santa Monica Pier. They support various public programs from interpreting at touch tanks to ensuring the success of private events. They also attend outreach events and represent Heal the Bay all over Los Angeles.
Beach – Beach cleanup volunteers support our Adopt-A-Beach and Coastal Cleanup Day programs. Our Beach Captain volunteers support Nothin’ But Sand public beach cleanups and Suits on the Sand private cleanups, and have the opportunity to attend Coastal Cleanup Day Site Captain training.
Outreach – These volunteers take Heal the Bay knowledge all over Los Angeles. Speakers Bureau volunteers present both virtually and in-person in classrooms, business meetings, at beach cleanups, festivals, and more.
Community Science – MPA Watch Volunteers survey marine protected areas (MPAs) in Malibu and Palos Verdes. They monitor, collect data, and get to walk along some of California’s most stunning beaches.
Youth – Middle and high school students register their school club with Club Heal the Bay to be part of a larger environmental advocacy community. In return, clubs receive recognition and rewards for their civic action projects. To get started as a Heal the Bay volunteer, attend a Volunteer Orientation.
Looking for more information on Corporate and Foundation Giving? Amazing. We rely on support from grants, sponsorships and partnerships to pursue our mission. Learn more about ways to give.