Heal the Bay Events
- This event has passed.
Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup
November 19, 2022 @ 10:00 am
Join Heal the Bay Saturday, November 19, 2022, on the beach at Playa Del Rey- Between Tower 41 and 42, for the last Nothin’ But Sand of 2022!
Look for the blue Heal the Bay tent near the entrance to Playa Del Rey- between Tower 41 and 42 6615 Pacific Avenue Playa Del Rey, CA 90293, and check in with our volunteers for supplies and safety education. The cleanup will take place from 10AM to 12PM, ending with our grand total trash weigh in and a chance to win Heal the Bay swag at our wrap-up raffle. “Sea” you on the Sand!
Due to limited capacity, we announce our beach cleanups a few weeks before the date, so check back here then and sign up for our newsletter to stay in the know about where we’ll be next in Los Angeles.
We provide the supplies, all you need to do is register, sign a waiver*, and show up! (ONLY individuals under 18 bring a signed waiver*)
All COVID-19 safety guidelines and recommendations will be followed, masks are recommended but not required for vaccinated participants.
Each volunteer registers individually unless they are with a group or family
- Individuals under 18: reserve a ticket and bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup
- Families: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of partner/children
- Groups: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of group members
- Sold out? We will host another Nothin’ But Sand cleanup next month. Please stay tuned for more details.
Sign a Waiver
- Individuals over 18 and Families sign a virtual waiver through Eventbrite (when reserving a ticket)
- Group and Individuals Under 18 must bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup.
- Service hour forms will be signed by a beach captain at the end of the cleanup. Please request a service hour forms the day of the cleanup as we cannot verify service hours after the event
- Help us make Nothin’ But Sand a zero-waste event by bringing your own buckets, garden gloves, and a reusable mask and water bottle
- Be prepared to be outside for 2-3 hours. Beach weather can be unpredictable, so we recommend dressing in layers. Water is available at all cleanups.
- If you have any questions or concerns please email Emely Garcia, our Beach Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to acknowledge that this cleanup will take place on the traditional lands of the Tongva and Chumash People, and we pay respect to elders both past and present.