Heal the Bay Events
- This event has passed.
Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup
January 21 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join Heal the Bay for our first Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup of 2023.
Kick off the New Year with Heal the Bay at Manhattan Beach Pier, 1100 The Strand, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 for a beach cleanup with a big impact. Register today to reserve your bucket and we’ll SEA you on the Sand!
We provide the supplies, all you need to do is register, sign a waiver*, and show up! (ONLY individuals under 18 bring a signed waiver*) Please note: Heal the Bay guarantees cleanup supplies for the first 300 people who are registered.
Each volunteer registers individually unless they are with a group or family
- Individuals under 18: reserve a ticket and bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup
- Families: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of partner/children
- Groups: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of group members
- Sold out? We will host another Nothin’ But Sand cleanup next month. Please stay tuned for more details.
Sign a Waiver
- Individuals over 18 and Families sign a virtual waiver through Eventbrite (when reserving a ticket)
- Group and Individuals Under 18 must bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup.
- Service hour forms will be signed by a beach captain at the end of the cleanup. Please request a service hour forms the day of the cleanup as we cannot verify service hours after the event
- Help us make Nothin’ But Sand a zero-waste event by bringing your own buckets, garden gloves, and a reusable mask and water bottle
- Be prepared to be outside for 2-3 hours. Beach weather can be unpredictable, so we recommend dressing in layers. Water is available at all cleanups.
- If you have any questions or concerns please email Emely Garcia, our Beach Programs Manager, at email@example.com
We would like to acknowledge that this cleanup will take place on the traditional lands of the Tongva and Chumash People, and we pay respect to elders both past and present.