Heal the Bay Events
- This event has passed.
Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup
April 15, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Celebrate Earth Month with Heal the Bay at our April Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup on Santa Monica Beach.
Cleanup Location: Santa Monica Beach – North Beach Pier, Tower 1550 1600 Ocean Front Walk Santa Monica, CA 90401
April is Earth Month so we are taking our cleanup to the next level at Santa Monica beach. Come for the great feeling you get when you volunteer, then stay to win prizes at our sponsored raffle, check out our on-the-sand art installation Marina the Mermaid (Artist Andrea Martina Isenschmid), join the simultaneous silent disco dance party, and learn about upstream solutions to our marine debris problems.
Enjoy music by the ocean while you beautify the beach! We are thrilled to partner with World of Sound Productions to offer our cleanup volunteers a unique silent disco dance party experience. The World Of Sound DJ will be spinning family-friendly music for ALL AGES and a little something for everyone (that is the goal) including: EDM, house music, nu-disco, hip hop, Latin, pop and remixes from the 70’s to current day. Headphones will be available for rent on the sand, but you can prebook yours today after you register to reserve your bucket. A percentage of profits will be donated to Heal the Bay to further support our coastal and marine watershed protection work!
We also wish to thank Golden Road Brewing, Ocean Conservancy, and Los Angeles County Beaches and Harbors for sponsoring this very special cleanup!
During the 2022 cleanup season, Heal the Bay volunteers removed more than 14K lbs. of trash from Los Angeles County Beaches and natural green spaces. With your help, we hope to make an even bigger impact in 2023.
We provide the supplies, all you need to do is register, sign a waiver*, and show up! (ONLY individuals under 18 bring a signed waiver*) Please note: Heal the Bay guarantees cleanup supplies for the first 300 people who are registered.
Each volunteer registers individually unless they are with a group or family:
- Individuals under 18: reserve a ticket and bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup
- Families: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of partner/children
- Groups: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of group members
- Sold out? We will host another Nothin’ But Sand cleanup next month. Please stay tuned for more details.
Sign a Waiver
- Individuals over 18 and Families sign a virtual waiver through Eventbrite (when reserving a ticket)
- Group and Individuals Under 18 must bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup.
- Service hour forms will be signed by a beach captain at the end of the cleanup. Please request a service hour forms the day of the cleanup as we cannot verify service hours after the event
- Help us make Nothin’ But Sand a zero-waste event by bringing your own buckets, garden gloves, and a reusable mask and water bottle
- Be prepared to be outside for 2-3 hours. Beach weather can be unpredictable, so we recommend dressing in layers. Water is available at all cleanups.
- If you have any questions or concerns please email our Beach Programs Manager, at email@example.com
We would like to acknowledge that this cleanup will take place on the traditional lands of the Tongva and Chumash People, and we pay respect to elders both past and present.