Heal the Bay Events
- This event has passed.
Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup
July 15, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join Heal the Bay for our July Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup.
Help keep the beach plastic-free for the summer at Heal the Bay’s Nothin’ But Sand beach cleanup on Saturday, July 15, 2023!
Join us on the sand for some beach cleanup fun and learn how you can disrupt human plastic dependency & its harmful impact on the planet through composting practices, recycling, and plastic alternatives.
- Win raffle prizes
- Take part in our Green Bin Games
- Get a FREE Compost Bin* (while supplies last)
- …And help Heal the Bay identify how much compostable waste, trash and microplastic actually end up on our beaches.
Start the summer off on the sand and help keep the beach safe, clean, and healthy for all with Heal the Bay!
We provide the supplies, all you need to do is register, sign a waiver*, and show up! (ONLY individuals under 18 bring a signed waiver*) Please note: Heal the Bay guarantees cleanup supplies for the first 300 people who are registered.
Each volunteer registers individually unless they are with a group or family
- Individuals under 18: reserve a ticket and bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup
- Families: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of partner/children
- Groups: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of group members
- Sold out? We will host another Nothin’ But Sand cleanup next month. Please stay tuned for more details.
Sign a Waiver
- Individuals over 18 and Families sign a virtual waiver through Eventbrite (when reserving a ticket)
- Group and Individuals Under 18 must bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup.
- Service hour forms will be signed by a beach captain at the end of the cleanup. Please request a service hour forms the day of the cleanup as we cannot verify service hours after the event
- Help us make Nothin’ But Sand a zero-waste event by bringing your own buckets, garden gloves, and a reusable mask and water bottle
- Be prepared to be outside for 2-3 hours. Beach weather can be unpredictable, so we recommend dressing in layers. Water is available at all cleanups.
- If you have any questions or concerns please email our Beach Programs Manager, at email@example.com
We would like to acknowledge that this cleanup will take place on the traditional lands of the Tongva and Chumash People, and we pay respect to elders both past and present.