Advancement Intern – Spring 2020
Heal the Bay’s Advancement Department is recruiting for one Advancement Intern with a passion for the environment and Heal the Bay’s mission for the Spring 2 Session (February – May). The Advancement Intern will work under the supervision of our Advancement Manager and will work at the Heal the Bay Headquarters in Santa Monica for approximately 10–15 hours each week. The intern is expected to start mid-February 2020 as well as provide their own transportation to and from the office. This is an unpaid internship, but please contact your college or university about qualifying for college credit or scholarship opportunities.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working for a reputable non-profit that has been established on the Westside for over 30 years. Heal the Bay staff are experts in their field and have strong partnerships with multiple local agencies throughout Los Angeles.
- Research, vet, and match prospective corporate sponsors with Heal the Bay’s mission and programs, including Power of Water Gala, Suits on the Sand, Heal the Bay Shop, Heal the Bay Aquarium, and more.
- Create, develop, and disseminate partnership cultivation plans and materials.
- Assist with development and maintenance of Heal the Bay’s customer relationship management database including, but not limited to, updating contact information, upcoming events/activities, participation/engagement tracking, and more.
- Required to attend fundraising events such as Suits on the Sand cleanups and Power of Water Gala (May 2020).
- Assist in soliciting, planning, promotion, and execution of third-party events and activations at local, regional, and nationwide levels; this includes but is not limited to, benefit concerts, pop-up shops, speaker’s events, festivals, and other promotions benefitting Heal the Bay.
- Must be currently enrolled at college or university and have junior or senior standing; recent graduates welcome to apply.
- Open to all majors and areas of study, but preference for business management, communications, or environmental studies majors.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing environments.
- Experience in event management preferred.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM software is preferred.
- Familiarity with Canva or Adobe InDesign is a plus.
Compensation: Unpaid. School credit available at participating schools/colleges.
How to Apply: Applicants must send a resume and cover letter to the Georgina Del Vecho, Advancement Manager, by January 19, 2020 for application to be considered.
Heal the Bay is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits to promote diversity in our workforce. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.