Heal the Bay is seeking an Advancement Coordinator to support our expanding Advancement team. This position performs a wide variety of duties and works closely with the data and communication/marketing teams. To be successful in this position we need a multi-tasker, high energy, articulate with good follow through. This is a junior level position with opportunity for growth.
REPORTS TO: Director of Advancement
Key Responsibilities include coordination of:
- Initial communications from donors and solicitors
- Corporate engagement and logistics for Suits on the Sand beach cleanups. Occasionally lead corporate beach cleanups
- Weekly acknowledgement for major gifts and relevant thank you notes for executive leaders
- 3rd party activations
- Member/major donor events
- Ecommerce logistics and inventory
- Production schedule of direct mail program
- Salesforce data in and reports
- Support communications team to execute marketing plan
- Strong leadership and coordination skills
- Knowledge of and passion for the environment
- Previous event coordination experience preferred
- Customer service experience a plus
- Excellent people skills and a passion for working with the public
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Well organized and able to work on several projects simultaneously, both independently and as a team
- Salesforce or similar CRM experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Valid driver’s license required–driving to outreach events and meetings may be required
- Written and oral fluency in Spanish is a plus
The employee is occasionally asked to carry up to 20 pounds. The employee is also occasionally asked to be in outdoor weather/beach conditions.
Hours and Compensation:
Compensation range: $18/hr-$20/hr ($37,440-$41,600 annual equivalent) based on experience.
This is a full time position with health, dental, vision, sick leave and vacation benefits. The position is nonexempt from California labor laws. Overtime will be paid at time and a half. Participation in some weekend and evening events is necessary.
Heal the Bay is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits to promote diversity in our workforce.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references by July 22nd to Carrie Maloney. Please use the subject line “Advancement Coordinator” in the email.