About the Organization
Heal the Bay is a regional environmental nonprofit organization dedicated to making Santa Monica Bay and Greater Los Angeles’ coastal waters safe and healthy for people and marine life. Progress toward the mission is achieved by effectively combining the use of science, advocacy, community outreach, and public education to create positive change in our local environment.
Heal the Bay commits to creating and maintaining a diverse team and inclusive culture that respects all individuals. We strive to foster a positive work environment where inclusive behaviors are the norm; prioritize our work through an equity and inclusivity lens; and create a space where all employees are welcomed, treated with dignity and respect, and are in a position to be successful.
About the Role
The Data Coordinator will be a critical part of the data team, providing support with donation processing, data entry, file keeping, and constituent management. This part-time (29 hours/week), nonexempt position reports directly to the Data & Technical Specialist.
Expectations & Responsibilities
- Manage processing of direct mail including tracking gifts in Salesforce and correspondence to donors, calling or mailing donors
- Extracting donation reports from various portals/sources and entering them in Salesforce
- Frequent communication with finance team to reconcile validity of data across systems
- Weekly fraud filter check
- Assist with retail data
- Salesforce projects as needed (such as duplicate management and data cleanup and migration)
- Processing credit cards and following up with canceled or changed credit cards
- Assist with gala donations including invoicing of donations, collection of money, and donor acknowledgement and follow up
- Utilize/Test integrations across platforms/systems
- Support ongoing staff training with data tools and resources, including, but not limited to: Shopify, Classy, Eventbrite, Emma, Zoho, Zapier, SproutSocial, Mailchimp, PayPal, Stripe, Authorize, Microsoft Suite and more
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Salesforce (bonus points for Nonprofit Success Pack!) administration and development
- Excellent organizational, analytical and project planning skills
- Strong ability to manage cross-departmental data projects and integrations
- Meticulous, accurate, able to make careful and considerate changes
- Understands data’s influence at differing levels and the need and advantages of automation
- Desire to innovate, update or replace existing processes for improving staff quality of life
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively in a team
- Proven ability to work under pressure, multitask and meet deadlines
- Communicate effectively and efficiently to staff of varying technical ability
- Strong passion for Heal the Bay’s mission and a love for the environment
- Patience & grit for finding solutions from different angles when one is not readily apparent
- Able to move between various apps and technologies with ease
If you don’t meet all of the preferred skills above, you are still encouraged to apply and will be considered based on diverse and equivalent skills and experience.
Extra Credit DLC
- Whimsy encouraged
- Dry wit appreciated
- Bad(or Great) celebrity impressions endorsed
- Spontaneous dancing approved
- Self-deprecation sanctioned
Range starts at $19.23 based on experience.
This position is a part-time (29 hours/week average) hourly position. Compensation includes accrued sick time. Occasional deadline-related work may be required during evenings and weekends throughout the year.
In accordance with California Labor Law, employee will be eligible to receive up to 72 hours of paid sick leave per calendar year, after completing 90 days of employment. All Heal the Bay recognized holidays will be compensated in accordance to time worked.
The employee is occasionally asked to reach with hands and arms; the employee is regularly asked to talk or hear.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to Alvin Lam (he/him), Data and Information Manager. Please use the phrase “Data Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
June 05, 2021
Heal the Bay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, genetics, disability, age, family planning, or veteran status and we strongly encourage applications from individuals that reflect the diversity of Los Angeles County.
Heal the Bay complies with AB 1008, the Fair Chance Act, during the hiring process. Once a conditional job offer has been made the candidate will be asked to complete a Live Scan criminal background check. A thorough assessment of conviction history will be considered including: the nature and gravity of the criminal history, the time that has passed since the conviction, and the nature of the job the candidate is seeking.