Senior Manager of Development – Corporate Partnerships
About the Organization
Heal the Bay is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1985. They use science, education, community action, and advocacy to fulfill their mission to protect coastal waters and watersheds in Southern California with a particular focus on public health, climate change, biodiversity, and environmental justice. Learn more at www.healthebay.org and follow @healthebay on social media.
About the Role
Heal the Bay is seeking a full-time Senior Manager of Development to support the organization’s overall fundraising plan. The position requires approximately 70% Fundraising and 30% Administrative responsibilities. Under the supervision of the Vice President of Development, the Senior Manager of Development will primarily identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward corporate partners in support of the organization’s fundraising goals. Additionally, this role will support events and third-party revenue strategies.
Expectations & Responsibilities
- Identify and cultivate relationships with companies and corporations that could serve as donors for Heal the Bay’s clean water mission and other priorities.
- Independently manage a portfolio through year-round stewardship of companies, and their staff, to maximize one-time giving and multi-year pledges.
- Build and manage a strategic corporate pipeline of companies who have previously supported Heal the Bay and work with the development team and other leadership to identify primary connections/relationships.
- Prepare and submit dynamic partner proposals that are unique to each potential corporate donor.
- Maintain a detailed calendar of application and reporting deadlines. Ensure the timely submission of all materials.
- Secure corporate sponsorships for the organization’s high-profile events, including Earth Month, Nick Gabaldon Day, Coastal Cleanup Day, Beach & River Report Cards annual release, and monthly Nothin’ but Sand beach cleanups.
- Assist with the ticketing, registration, invoicing, and fulfillment for Heal the Bay events, including Bring Back the Beach Gala, Golf Tournament, ONE Water, and others events throughout the year.
- Review and provide updates on external, third-party events.
- Support the organization’s execution of the annual fundraising plan, which includes measurable goals, metrics, and specific strategies for expanding both levels and sources of support.
- Consistently use Salesforce, OneCause, Classy, donor search engines, and other software critical to recording, researching, prospecting, and cultivating relationships and donations.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to upholding and advancing Heal the Bay’s justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Preferred Experience & Skills of Successful Candidate
- Two or more years of fundraising experience or equivalent with the understanding of non-profit principles and best practices.
- Detail-oriented with strong computer skills and the ability to establish and maintain tracking systems in Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with accuracy and minimal direction.
- Exceptional interpersonal and writing skills, possess strong attention to detail and demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A professional, positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Solid understanding of environmental issues and the impact of specific industries and corporations on our waterways and planet.
- Comfortable working independently as well as in collaboration with a team and across departments.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is strongly preferred.
Full-time, 40 hours per week. Must be available for some weekends, and evenings. Heal the Bay works on a hybrid schedule of 2-3 days in the Santa Monica office. Heal the Bay offers a dynamic work environment with highly motivated staff and volunteers.
Compensation & Benefits
$25.51 – $30.00 hour depending on experience with appropriate state and federal taxes withheld. This position is non-exempt and full-time. Include full benefits package includes dental, vision, health, and vacation as part of employment. Heal the Bay covers 90% of the benefit package.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and/or brief introduction and resume/CV or list of qualifications here.
Heal the Bay is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status and we strongly encourage applications from individuals that reflect the diversity of Los Angeles County.
Heal the Bay complies with AB 1008, the Fair Chance Act, during the hiring process. Once a conditional job offer has been made the candidate will be asked to complete a Live Scan criminal background check. A thorough assessment of conviction history will be considered including: the nature and gravity of the criminal history, the time that has passed since the conviction, and the nature of the job the candidate is seeking.