Bottoms Up! Cheers to the Aquarium
When the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium asked our neighbors to help us celebrate the marine center’s 10th anniversary throughout the month of March, they jumped at the bait, creating ocean-inspired concoctions to serve in their establishments.
We’re looking forward to spending a week making our way through the signature libations and food specials at these seven Santa Monica businesses – beginning March 1st to allow time for return visits!
The Basement Tavern will be serving up the Green Barnacle cocktail: jalapeño and honey dew infused vodka, citrus, agave, mint, and cucumber over ice.
· Beachy Cream Organic Ice Cream will be scooping the flavor of the month, Peanut Butter Jellyfish.
· The Hungry Cat will be pouring Neptune’s Muse (pictured right): gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, liquore Strega, Creme de Violette, served up with a black lava salt rim.
· Lago Santa Monica presents the Santa Monica Starfish cocktail: fresh oro blanco grapefruit, blood orange, Tru Organic Vodka, splash of sparkling prosecco.
· The Lobster, featuring the Heal the Bay Tide Pool: Rain organic vodka, Midori, Malibu rum, chambord, splash of pineapple and orange juice, served straight up, with 10% of the proceeds going to the Aquarium.
· Rusty’s Surf Ranch premieres the Rubyfish Red: Absolut Ruby Red Vodka, white grapefruit juice and grenadine, served in a souvenir Rusty’s glass. Mention the Aquarium’s anniversary and receive 10 percent off the check.
· Mariasol Restaurant will offer a 10% discount on all food (not alcohol) for all those who mention the Aquarium’s anniversary.
Many thanks to our 10th Anniversary Party Partners!
As we commemorate a decade operating our Aquarium, we’re highlighting our history, previewing our plans for the NEXT 10 years and encourage all to celebrate with us.
If you haven’t already, come visit our Aquarium, located beach level at the Santa Monica Pier, just below the carousel. Join us the first weekend of March to celebrate our 10-year anniversary!