Meet the Locals!
Visit the Aquarium
To do our part in reducing the spread of COVID-19, Heal the Bay is following guidelines from the Los Angeles County Department of Health, City of Santa Monica, and the CDC. For the health and well-being of all, take proper precautions to limit the spread of illness.
Please follow these guidelines:
- All guests over the age of 2 are required to wear a face mask covering both mouth and nose at all times.
- Guests will maintain a 6ft distance from others when able and feasible.
- Guests will not attend if they are sick with a fever and/or respiratory symptoms. Guests will also not attend if they have come into contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- No food or drink is allowed.
- Our staff will be following COVID safety protocols put forth by LA County Department of Public Health, City of Santa Monica, and the CDC.
- Our staff will wear masks at all times.
- Hand sanitizer is available at our exit, and we have restrooms on site for guest convenience and use.
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine when it’s your turn.
- Get the flu shot to prevent influenza if you have not done so this season.
For more information, visit Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and view the LA Mayor’s Directive about COVID-19 LA City Guidelines.
Questions? Contact us or call (310) 393-6149 x206
Heal the Bay Aquarium
at the Santa Monica Pier
1600 Ocean Front Walk
Santa Monica, CA 90401
How to find us
Adults and kids 13+: $10.00
Kids 12 and under: FREE with an Adult Ticket Purchase (Children MUST be accompanied by an adult)
Group rate: For groups of 5 or more adults ($7.00/each person)
(must show appropriate identification at Admissions Door)
EBT, Military: FREE
Students/ Older Adults (65+): $2.00 off Ticket Price
Under the Santa Monica Pier, come see what Heal the Bay’s work is all about: Protecting the people and animals who call the Bay home. With over 100 local species on exhibit, hands-on activities for small frys, and daily educational programs, our award-winning Heal the Bay Aquarium is the perfect place to immerse yourself in marine science without getting wet.
Plus, you can visit our Shop for zero-waste goodies, plushies, green travel items, limited-edition Heal the Bay gear, and more! Browse some of the items online in our Shop.
L.A.’s most colorful stars hang out here, along with hermit crabs, sea urchins, and cucumbers not meant for your salad.
Celebrate the subtidal zone with mesmerizing moray eels and the cuddly-looking sea hare.
Kelp can grow up to 2 feet per day and provides vital habitat for our kelpfish, rockfish, and wolf eel.
Juvenile fish, anemones, and more live life in the splash lane as a simulated tide rises and falls every 5 minutes.
Meditation time. Watching our moon jellies drift and float takes the sting out of a hectic day.
Get a glimpse of life beneath the Santa Monica Pier. Be sure to double-check the sand: Some of our halibut and rays like to lay low.
Catch our horn and swell sharks cuddling in this open-top exhibit and let us explain why you have nothing to fear.
A rotating cast of the noteworthy critters our dive team finds on their weekly specimen-collecting expeditions.
Can’t quite get your Aquarium fix in one afternoon visit? Here are three ways to hang with us more often.
From school field trips to camps to professional development for teachers, our educational programs instill passion for the ocean for all ages.
Aquarium volunteers support public programs by interpreting at touch tanks, ensuring the success of private events and attending outreach events all over LA.
When you “adopt” one of the animals, the animal stays with us, but your good karma stays with you. Plus, enjoy free visits to the Aquarium for a full year.
Host a Birthday Party
Make your party planning easier while supporting Heal the Bay.
Invite your friends and family to Heal the Bay Aquarium under the Santa Monica Pier for an fin-tastic birthday party for your child – it’s the next best thing to actually being under the sea!