Get Your Aquarium Membership!
Visit the Aquarium
Please follow these safety guidelines when visiting the Heal the Bay Aquarium:
- We recommend that our visitors and staff continue to wear masks as a preventative measure.
- Masks, while no longer mandatory, are a protective barrier that can help to reduce the spread of respiratory infections. We recommend that our visitors and staff continue to wear them as a preventative measure.
- Guests will not attend if they are sick with a fever and/or respiratory symptoms.
- Guests will also not attend if they have come into contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- No food or drink is allowed.
- Hand sanitizer is available at our exit, and we have restrooms on site for guest convenience and use.
- Stay up to date on COVID-19 vaccine.
- Get the flu shot to prevent influenza if you have not done so this season.
- For more information, review the CDC’s mask guide, visit Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- Questions? Contact us or call (310) 393-6149 x206
For more information, review the CDC’s mask guide, visit Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and view the LA Mayor’s Directive about COVID-19 LA City Guidelines.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate the changing times. When guidelines change, we will make announcements on social media, on our website, and at our admissions desk. Let us know any questions. Thank you for helping us protect our communities.
Questions? Contact us or call (310) 393-6149 x206
Heal the Bay Aquarium
at the Santa Monica Pier
1600 Ocean Front Walk
Santa Monica, CA 90401
How to find us
Adults and kids 13+: $12.00
Kids 12 and under: FREE with an Adult Ticket Purchase (Children MUST be accompanied by an adult)
Group rate: For groups of 5 or more adults ($9.00/each person); for groups of 10 or more children ($3.00/each child)
Discounts: (must show appropriate identification at Admissions Door)
EBT, Military: Blue Star Museum discount: Free Admission for active duty military ID holder and up to five family members
- FREE admission for active-duty military personnel
- Students/ Older Adults (65+): $2.00 off Ticket Price
Under the Santa Monica Pier, come see what Heal the Bay’s work is all about: Protecting the people and animals who call the Bay home. With over 100 local species on exhibit, hands-on activities for all ages, and daily educational programs, our award-winning Heal the Bay Aquarium is the perfect place to immerse yourself in marine science.
Plus, you can visit our Shop at Heal the Bay Aquarium for zero-waste goodies, plushies, green travel items, limited-edition Heal the Bay gear, and more! Browse some of the items in our Online Shop.
LA’s most colorful stars hang out here, along with hermit crabs, sea urchins, and cucumbers not meant for your salad.
Celebrate the subtidal zone with mesmerizing moray eels.
Kelp can grow up to 2 feet per day and provides vital habitat for our rockfish, wolf eel, and spiny lobsters.
Observe developing swell sharks inside of their egg cases (also known as “mermaid’s purses”) and see newborn baby shark pups.
Meditation time. Watching our moon jellies drift and float takes the sting out of a hectic day.
Get a glimpse of life beneath the Santa Monica Pier. Be sure to double-check the sand: some of our halibut like to lay low.
Catch our horn and swell sharks cuddling in this open-top exhibit and let us explain why you have nothing to fear.
Can’t quite get your Aquarium fix in one afternoon visit? Here are three ways to hang with us more often.
From school field trips to camps to professional development for teachers, our educational programs instill passion for the ocean for all ages.
Aquarium volunteers support public programs by interpreting at touch tanks, ensuring the success of private events and attending outreach events all over LA.
When you “adopt” one of the animals, the animal stays with us, but your good karma stays with you. Support our mission to protect local habitats and marine life, and help protect what you love.
Host a Birthday Party
Make your party planning easier while supporting Heal the Bay.
Invite your friends and family to Heal the Bay Aquarium under the Santa Monica Pier for an fin-tastic birthday party for your child – it’s the next best thing to actually being under the sea!