Bring Out the Micro Biologist in Your Preschooler
The Aquarium’s Micro Biologist classes are a fun way to introduce your 3- to 5-year-old to environmental education and marine science through games, stories, art, and hands-on science. Held at Heal the Bay’s Santa Monica Pier Aquarium, the program allows you to drop your child off for two hours of education and fun with our teaching staff.
There’s still time to register your budding scientist for the winter session. Afternoon classes are full, but there is still room in the morning classes, held select Mondays from 9:30am – 11:30am. Choose one or sign your child up for as many of the four classes as you like.
- Deep Sea 1/10/11: We will plunge into the depths of the ocean (without getting wet!) through experiments with pressure and temperature.
- Ocean Explorers 1/24/11: In this brand new class your scientist will learn about explorers ranging from pirates to the operators of modern day submersibles.
- Whale you be my Valentine? 2/14/11: Everyone loves marine mammals, from the planet’s largest blue whales to the newborn sea otter pup, this class will feature them all.
- Sounds of the Sea 2/28/11: How do marine creatures communicate with one another? Your micro biologist will be able to communicate that to you after attending this class
- Fax the printed registration form to 310.393.4839, or
- Mail your form and payment to:
Santa Monica Pier Aquarium
Attn: Micro Biologists
1600 Ocean Front Walk
Santa Monica, CA 90401