Coastal Cleanup Day 2013 Promotions!
“The World’s Largest Volunteer Day” — Coastal Cleanup Day — is tomorrow, September 21! As if keeping our beaches and parks clean isn’t enough, many cleanup sites throughout Los Angeles County will feature amazing promotions for participating volunteers, including free food, yoga classes, stand-up paddleboard lessons and more! You could even win free burritos from Chipotle for a whole year. To find out which cleanup site these awesome promotions will be at, check our list of cleanup sites.
1. Santa Monica Beach, North of the Pier – Start the Day with a free yoga class and peace circle with Naam Yoga at 8:30am. After you help cleaning the beach, you can enjoy a free stand-up paddleboard clinic with Michelob Light, use free admission to the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium, observe the exhilarating Bud Light Dory Race and enter to win a stand-up paddleboard at the beach clean-up and Dory Race.
2. Santa Monica Pier – Bring your recyclables to the Santa Monica Pier and you’ll be entered to win exciting Honest Tea raffle prizes this Coastal Cleanup Day. After the clean-up, join us at Rusty’s Surf Ranch to win a stand-up paddle board at 3pm.
3. Venice Beach Pier & Venice Beach at Rose – Abbot Kinney Memorial Library will be celebrating Talk-Like-A-Pirate day a few days late with a Moby Dick screening, food and sea shanties after the cleanup. Celebrate your volunteer service at Venice Ale House with a beer garden and live DJ for the Coastal Cleanup Day after-party.
4. Ways Park (87th Street and McKinley Ave, Los Angeles, CA) – This inland cleanup will focus on neighborhood alleys. Refreshments and lunch will be provided. This cleanup is hosted in partnership with Councilman Curren Price, celebrating the future home of WAYS Park.
5. Will Rogers (15900 Pacific Coast Hwy. at Temescal Canyon Road, Pacific Palisades, CA) – Enjoy a free lunch compliments of Chase Bank for all clean-up volunteers.
6. Get ready for the LA City Bag Ban at all sites by earning a free reusable bag at all City of LA clean-up locations.
7. Dockweiler Beach, Tower 55 (11999 Vista del Mar, El Segundo, CA 90293) – Yoga Trailblazers hosts a free yoga class south of Tower 55 from 8:30-9:30 am before the cleanup. Bring a yoga mat and wear sunscreen for this beginner class. Veggie Grill will also provide food to keep volunteers energized.
8. Malibu Pier – If you are SCUBA dive certified, this is the site for you. Arrive for the dive at 8am. Prizes will be awarded for the most bizarre items found after the clean-up. Malibu Divers will provide free air fill and half price gear rentals for SCUBA dive volunteers.
9. Santa Monica Beach, Tower 20 (End of Bay Street, Santa Monica, CA) – By helping clean this historic site, you’ll be entered into a raffle for a custom surfboard.
10. To reward your service protecting our environment from harmful trash, Chipotle is providing free burrito coupons at most clean-up sites in the LA area. Plus, volunteers who take Instagram pictures of their efforts collecting trash tagged #litterati, #chipotlemexicangrill and #coastalcleanupday will automatically be entered into a contest to win free burritos for a year from Chipotle.