Declare Your Love for the Ocean
Valentine’s Day has come and gone, but it’s not too late to let us know about your love for the ocean. Post a photo, make a YouTube video, create a Vine, or write on our timeline about your love for the ocean.
Meanwhile, flowers and candy are typical Valentine’s gifts. Why not let your loved one know that you care about what they care about: The ocean.
Here’s a selection of gifts to help you show your love:
- A Heal the Bay Membership: Like the human heart, our members fuel our activity—from ensuring that our beaches and local waters are clean to educating tens of thousands of kids on the hows and whys of combating pollution.
- A Clean Beach: Bring your sweetie to our next Nothin’ But Sand, conveniently scheduled for the Saturday after Valentine’s at Will Rogers State Beach.
- Whale of a Weekend: How big is your love? Celebrate the annual migration of the Pacific gray whale, which completes one of the longest migrations of any species. The migration can sometimes be seen from the west end of the Santa Monica Pier. Festivities take place at the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium all weekend.
- Moonjelly TLC: “Adopt” a moonjelly (or select another of our nine animal options) in your beloved’s name, via our Aquarium’s Aquadoption program.
- A swanky reusable water bottle: Artist Erik Abel continues to support us, adding U.S.-made “Kelpafornia” aluminum water bottles to the collection of items he’s designed just for us. Fifteen percent of sales benefit Heal the Bay.
- A Heartwarming View: Take a walk along the shoreline or favorite waterway, confident in knowing that you’re supporting a clean and healthy ocean.