Lots of Things to Do with HtB This Week
About UsAround the BayGet InvolvedGive With ConfidenceMalibu / Pacific PalisadesMore Ways to GivePlan Your VisitSanta Monica
This Thanksgiving week we’re reminding ourselves of what we’re grateful for, and a healthy, clean ocean tops our list.
We’re asking you to join us as we give thanks for the oceans and beaches we all enjoy! There are many ways to help sustain a healthy, clean ocean. You can:
- Stay up-to-date on our advocacy work, follow us on Twitter;
- Help restore Malibu Creek by planting trees and removing invasives;
- Teach groups of all ages how to protect the ocean via our Speakers Bureau trainings;
- Join our Aquarium volunteer team (next training scheduled in March)
- Captain a beach cleanup;
- Become a member and sustain our work year-round!
While the Aquarium will be closed for Thanksgiving, we’ll reopen Friday afternoon (November 23) at 12:30, so please bring your visiting family members. And if they arrive earlier this week, bring everyone to the Aquarium on Tuesday afternoon, have the kids feed the sea stars and then feed the kids at Rusty’s for free. For every adult who pays for an entree worth $11 or more, one child eats free – just show your hand stamp from visiting the Aquarium.
Planning a holiday party? Heal the Bay can help provide the fun either at our Aquarium or in your own home. Interested in celebrating at the Aquarium? Call 310.393.6149 ext 105. Contact Nina Borin for more information about planning a home party.
Heal the Bay’s Santa Monica Pier Aquarium is located on the Santa Monica Pier, just below the carousel. Find parking information and directions.