Thank You Thursday – 5.2.13
Los Angeles is so massive, divided by often impenetrable freeways, that it’s sometimes easy to forget that we all share a community, let alone a planet. And then along comes Earth Month (formerly known as Earth Day).
Thank you to the thousands of you Earth lovers who donated your time to give back to our beautiful planet this month. Whether you came to clean the beach, build a park or help us with outreach, we are tremendously grateful!
We’d also like to thank our Earth Month partners:
- Sprinkles The Grove (which donated $1500 from Earth Vanilla cupcake sales to us!)
- Gladstones at Malibu
- Golden Road Brewing (Look out for Heal the Bay IPA in 16 oz. cans starting in mid-June!
- Jersey Mike’s on Lincoln Boulevard in Santa Monica
A hearty thank you to the two sets of Corporate Healers, who helped clean the beach this month:
- Some very enthusiastic employees from Magento, a division of Ebay, came to Santa Monica Beach on April 18.
- LA Kings staff, led by Heal the Bay boardmember Jennifer Regan, cleaned Dockweiler on actual Earth Day. Among the 335 pounds of trash they found were a pink marshmallow and fake green finger with a red claw! (Jennifer also joined us at our outreach table at an L.A. Galaxy game. Thanks, Jennifer!)
And a big thank you to Slyde Handboards for donating to Heal the Bay 70% from an auction of a one-of-a-kind handboard autographed by bodysurfer Mark Cunningham, director Keith Malloy and photographer Chris Buckard. You guys rule!