A Thanksgiving Message For You!
It all adds up. Every minute we spent advocating for shark fin and plastic bag bans. Every piece of trash we picked up in our communities. Every student we led to the beach for the day. At the end of the year when we reflect on all that we accomplished, we are mindful that none of it would have been possible without the support of our network of donors, volunteers and supporters. Thank you! Take a look at what you helped get done this year:
- 1 ban on shark fin trade enacted in California, saving millions of sharks each year
- 32 new pollution limits made enforceable in Los Angeles County water bodies.
- 450 beaches monitored statewide for bacterial pollution each week.
- 10,000 anglers engaged directly about the dangers of consuming certain fish caught off local waters.
- 20,000 hours of hands-on science education provided to local students.
- 32,242 pounds of trash removed by volunteers at Southland beach cleanups.
- 2 billion plastic bags to be kept of potential waste stream via ban in city of L.A.
Seeking more ways to make an impact? Partner with us as we head into 2014!