Coastal Cleanup Day 2017
September 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Save the Date!
Thousands of people will amass beaches, rivers, parks and public places throughout the state of California (half a million in total around the planet!) on Saturday, September 16 for “the world’s largest volunteer day” Coastal Cleanup Day.
Coming together — a global movement comprised of local communities and organizations — we’ll make a big dent in removing trash and debris from natural habitats, cities and neighborhoods.
On top of creating a cleaner environment, all of the items that volunteers pick up are recorded to raise even more awareness about our pollution challenges. At Coastal Cleanup Day 2016, it was reported that over half a million people picked up 18.3 million pounds of trash and debris in only a few hours. There’s truly power in numbers.
Check back soon to register for Coastal Cleanup Day or sign up to receive an alert when registration opens.
Are you looking to get involved in Coastal Cleanup Day on a deeper level?
- Site Captains: Help us educate volunteers, explore more about clean water advocacy, and prep yourself for the biggest volunteer event in the world. Sign Up.
- Internships: Calling all ocean lovers, animal advocates and clean water dreamers! Apply today to gain unbeatable experience supporting a massive volunteering event and enjoy working with one of the most trusted (and fun) environmental non profits in Los Angeles.
- Partnerships: From dynamic corporate meetups, outdoor fitness activities and lively entertainment to food and beverage offers, there are multiple ways to take part, so let’s do something awesome together. Contact us.
- Fundraising: We invite you to turn your wild idea into a creative crowdfunding campaign for Heal the Bay. Because isn’t hosting a Santa Monica Pier skinny dip extravaganza more fun than writing a check? Get inspired.
- Sponsorships: Help us make this a super rewarding community experience for thousands of participating volunteers and earn goodwill for your brand. Contact us.
What is Coastal Cleanup Day all about?
Explore stories and results from Coastal Cleanup Day, a global event celebrated in California and Los Angeles County, when thousands of volunteers pick up trash and debris from beaches, rivers, streams, parks and public places, and items are tallied up together to raise awareness about our pollution challenges.
🐟 Article about what to expect at Coastal Cleanup Day
🐟 Coastal Cleanup 2016 Photo Gallery
🐟 Coastal Cleanup Day 2016 results: Global
🐟 Coastal Cleanup Day 2015 results L.A. County & Global
🐟 Coastal Cleanup Day 2014 results: L.A. County