IN-PERSON AQUARIUM SCIENCE CAMP IS BACK! REGISTER NOW
UPDATE: Heal the Bay Aquarium is now offering both virtual camp and in-person camp. Contact Tiki with questions. Our team is following CDC and LA County Department of Public Health guidelines for how to remain safe and reduce risk. The health and safety of our staff, campers, and community continues to be our number one priority.
- All guests over the age of 2 are required to wear a face mask covering both mouth and nose at all times.
- Campers will maintain a 3ft distance from others when able and feasible.
- Campers will not attend if they are sick with a fever and/or respiratory symptoms. Campers will also not attend if they have come into contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- No food or drink is allowed inside the Aquarium. Snacks and lunch will be eaten outside on our patio.
- Our staff will wear masks at all times.
- Hand sanitizer is available at our exit, and we have restrooms on site for camper convenience and use.
(Register here if you are experiencing issues with the form above.)
Heal the Bay Aquarium Science Camp
Heal the Bay Aquarium’s Summer Science Camp is back IN-PERSON with an exciting experience for young learners to join us with our animals and at the beach! Over the course of five fun-filled days, students can take part in hands-on exploration, ocean-themed activities, and live demonstrations with our knowledgeable marine science educators and wildlife experts.
Week 1: July 19 – 23, 10am-1pm
Week 2: July 26 – 30, 10am-1pm
Group size is limited to 10 campers, and all staff, volunteers, and campers will need to wear a mask, as we are following COVID protocol for youth settings, set by the CDC and LA County Department of Public Health.
Before and after-care will be offered for the first time, for an hour on each end of camp for an additional charge.
Virtual Camp Sessions
Our last week of camp for 2nd-5th graders from 11am-12pm, explores Watershed Wonders, so you can learn more about local water sources and how to care for wildlife. You’ll take virtual excursions, get personal with unique animals from local areas, and so much more. Daily camp sessions are hosted by educators who lead activities, lessons, and more. All campers receive a Summer Camp Activity Box that includes a T-Shirt, Jr. Science Observer Kit, and materials for craft activities.
Our camp session for TK-1st graders from 12pm-12:30pm, is designed with youngest ocean explorers in mind. Each day is dedicated to a special animal found on our beaches and in our Aquarium. There will be fun story times, dancing, crafts, and activities. Daily camp sessions are hosted by educators who lead activities, lessons, and more. All campers receive a Summer Camp Activity Box that includes a T-Shirt, Jr. Science Observer Kit, and materials for craft activities.
Heal the Bay’s virtual camp is designed with these goals in mind:
- Give campers a wholesome and exciting alternative to video games, TV, and movies
- Inspire campers with exclusive access to animal exhibits and demonstrations
- Offer parents and guardians a much-needed break from entertaining children
- Provide campers the opportunity to connect and socialize in a safe environment
- Educate campers through marine science activities and lessons by our team of experts
- Allow families to keep the excitement and thrill of summer camp alive remotely
If you are interested in our camp, but not available at the time listed, please fill out this form so that we may contact you when additional sessions open up.
$200 per camper
$20 for each hour of before or after care
$99 per Weekly Session (Includes zoom links and live interactive sessions, a camp t-shirt, a science investigators kit, and activity box with materials*)
$25 for an additional sibling
*local pick up of activity box available over the weekend, shipping option available, but won’t arrive before camp starts
Thanks to the generosity of community partners, we have a limited number of camp scholarships available. If you need partial or full financial assistance for your child to attend virtual camp, please fill out the application in the registration above after reading our Camp Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and Policies.
For cancellations made prior to 2 weeks before the start of your registered camp session, the camp fee can be refunded, less a $50 administration fee. Cancellations made within 2 weeks of the start of your registered camp session are non-refundable.
For any other questions, please contact:
*Please note the grade range indicates what grade the camper entered in Fall 2021.