HEAL THE BAY AQUARIUM SCIENCE CAMP REGISTRATION IS NOT ACTIVE
UPDATE: Heal the Bay Aquarium is now offering a virtual camp in lieu of our in-person camp. Contact Tiki with questions. READ OUR FULL NOTICE. Our team is following the Safer at Home order, as well as the CDC and LA County Department of Public Health guidelines for how to remain safe and reduce risk. The health and safety of our staff, campers, and community continues to be our number one priority.
*If you are registering multiple siblings or members of the same household, or are selecting the Shipping Option for your camper’s activity box, please select the appropriate add-ons when choosing a virtual camp session to attend.
(Register here if you are experiencing issues with the form above.)
Heal the Bay Aquarium Science Camp
Heal the Bay has an exciting and enriching Heal the Bay Aquarium Science Camp — created with distance learning and fun in mind. Our camp days are packed with animal exploration, hands-on science experiments, live demonstrations, and more. Now, more than ever, it is important to provide marine science experiences that inspire youth to become lifelong environmental stewards and protectors of our oceans. We host a great virtual experience that children can look forward to.
Heal the Bay’s virtual camp is designed with these factors in mind:
- Give campers an alternative to video games, TV, and movies
- Offer parents, guardians, and caregivers a much-needed break from creating new activities to entertain children
- Provide campers the opportunity to connect and socialize in a safe environment
- Educate campers with marine science activities and lessons from our team of experts
- Inspire campers with exclusive access to animal exhibits and demonstrations
- Allow youth to keep the excitement and thrill of science camp alive, all year long
Our daily camp schedule for Spring Break 2021:
- Day 1: Poppin’ Penguins. Learn the life of a penguin. This flightless bird has some impressive threads, but their many adaptations to their critically cold and isolated environment are their true attributes. Learn how these amazing animals live and survive and how humans impact their habitat.
- Day 2: Set Sail. Take off on the open ocean as we track the majestic Gray whales on their legendary journey. Learn about the many beautiful mammals of the sea and their ability to survive the changing conditions of their home, the great global ocean.
- Day 3: The Wonderful World of Weird. Discover the oddities of the Ocean as we learn about animals with extra special abilities such as bioluminescence, shape shifting even withstanding tons of pressure.
- Day 4: Mystery of the Missing Mole Crabs. Learn about animals who live right beneath our feet. Tide pools have an abundance of animals to meet and learn about. But where have all the sand crabs gone? We learn about the sand crab’s life cycle and their importance to the health of our coastline.
- Day 5: Polar Panic. There’s a major problem with Polar bears. Discover facts about these amazing giants and their critical situation. How can mammals survive in such an extreme environment? How can we help save their home?
If you are interested in our camp, but not available at the time listed, please fill out this form so that we may contact you when additional sessions open up.
$150 per Weekly Session (Includes zoom links and live interactive sessions, a camp t-shirt, a science investigators kit, and activity box with materials*)
$50 per each additional sibling (Includes participation in live interactive sessions, a camp t-shirt, a science investigators kit, and activity box with materials*)
*local pick up of materials included in cost; additional $20 charge for shipping (For shipping option, please register no later than 2 weeks before March 29, to ensure delivery of kit prior to the first day of camp)
Thanks to the generosity of community partners, we have a limited number of camp scholarships available. If you need partial or full financial assistance for your child to attend virtual camp, please fill out the application in the registration above after reading our Camp Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and Policies.
For cancellations made prior to 2 weeks before the start of your registered camp session, the camp fee can be refunded, less a $50 administration fee. Cancellations made within 2 weeks of the start of your registered camp session are non-refundable.
See our Virtual Camp FAQs.
For any other questions, please contact:
*Please note the grade range indicates what grade the camper entered in FALL 2020.