UPDATE: Heal the Bay Aquarium is now offering both virtual camp and in-person camps. Contact Tiki with questions. Our team is following CDC and LA County Department of Public Health guidelines for how to remain safe and reduce risk. The health and safety of our staff, campers, and communities continue to be our number one priority. See our COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines below*.
Winter 2022 Camp Registration is Open
(Register here if you are experiencing issues with the form above.)
About Heal the Bay Aquarium Science Camp
Winter Break Camp (Grades K-6) January 3-7, 2022
This winter, we’re warming things up at Heal the Bay Aquarium Science Camp! We are offering both in-person and virtual camp experiences. Meet new friends, play games, and explore the ocean in an intimate setting where every camper can enjoy themselves safely. Our virtual camp is a daily 1-hour live experience with a maximum of 25 campers per session. Our in-person camps happen daily in the mornings and afternoons for 3-hours with a maximum of 15 campers per session.
Winter Break Camp Schedule:
- Day 1: Poppin’ Penguins – Start the week with a waddle.
- Day 2: Tide Pool Tuesday – Meet the aquatic stars of Heal the Bay Aquarium.
- Day 3: Whale of a Wednesday – Track the journey of majestic Grey whales.
- Day 4: Mystery of the Missing Mole Crabs – Learn about animals right beneath us at the beach.
- Day 5: Polar Panic – Discover facts about polar bears and their critical situation.
If you are interested in our camp, but not available at the time listed, please fill out this form so that we may contact you when additional sessions open up.
*COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines
- All guests over the age of 2 are required to wear a face mask covering both mouth and nose at all times.
- Campers will maintain a 3-foot distance from others when able and feasible.
- Campers will not attend if they are sick with a fever and/or respiratory symptoms.
- Campers will also not attend if they have come into contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- No food or drink is allowed inside Heal the Bay Aquarium. Snacks and lunch will be eaten outside on our patio.
- Heal the Bay staff will wear masks at all times.
- Hand sanitizer is available at our exit, and we have hand washing areas on-site for camper convenience and use.
$200 per Weekly Session (Includes private access to Heal the Bay Aquarium, a camp t-shirt, a science investigators kit)
$99 per Weekly Session (Includes Zoom links and live interactive sessions, a camp t-shirt, a science investigators kit). $25 for an additional sibling.
Thanks to the generosity of community partners, we have a limited number of camp scholarships available. If you need partial or full financial assistance for your child to attend virtual camp, please fill out the application in the registration above after reading our Camp Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and Policies.
For cancellations made prior to 2 weeks before the start of your registered camp session, the camp fee can be refunded, less a $50 administration fee. Cancellations made within 2 weeks of the start of your registered camp session are non-refundable.
For any other questions, please contact:
Please note the grade range indicates what grade the camper entered in Fall 2021.