Our calendar of community science training, educational and advocacy events, volunteer opportunities and other impactful local experiences this month in L.A. and at Heal the Bay’s Santa Monica Pier Aquarium. Learn more about how to take part.
Coastal Cleanup Day 2018
September 15 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Coastal Cleanup Day is the world’s largest volunteer day to protect our environment. Heal the Bay organizes efforts in L.A. County and invites you to take part on Saturday, September 15, 2018.
See our cleanup site map below for this year’s locations.
In coordination with a statewide and global movement, together we’ll make a big dent in removing trash and debris from the environment. During Coastal Cleanup Day 2017, volunteers removed 800,000 pounds of trash and recyclables from California’s coast and inland waterways in only three hours. There’s power in numbers. Are you looking to take part in Coastal Cleanup Day on a deeper level? We have tons of ways you can participate this year:
- Partnerships: From dynamic meetups, outdoor fitness activities and lively entertainment to food and beverage offers, there are multiple ways to take part, so let’s do something awesome together. Contact us.
- Fundraising: We invite you to turn your wild idea into a creative crowdfunding campaign for Heal the Bay. Get started.
- Sponsorships: Make this a rewarding experience for thousands of participants and earn some goodwill in the process. Learn more.
- Donations: Help us hold polluters accountable, keep our beaches safe and clean, and inspire thousands of kids each year to become ocean stewards. Give now.
- NEW! 2018 Posters: This year’s posters, illustrated by Semira Chadorchi, are available for download: Spanish (JPG), English (JPG) and Korean (JPG)
Coastal Cleanup Day 2018 Site Map
There are over 50 beach, river, inland and water Coastal Cleanup Day locations in Los Angeles County:
Check out coastalcleanupday.org for locations all over California.
What is Coastal Cleanup Day all about?
Coastal Cleanup Day is a global volunteering event celebrated in local communities. How it works is simple. Volunteers pick up trash and the items are tallied up to raise awareness about our major pollution challenges. Plastic pollution and micro trash are increasingly the most common items we see littered in our environment globally. Once again Heal the Bay will proudly coordinate cleanup locations in Los Angeles County in association with Ocean Conservancy and California Coastal Commission to help turn the tide.
Explore stories and results from past Coastal Cleanup Day events:
Thanks to our Coastal Cleanup Day Sponsors:
Additional thanks to our Coastal Cleanup Day organizers in California: