Check out our citizen science, educational, training and volunteer opportunities happening this month around L.A. County with Heal the Bay and at the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium.
Coastal Cleanup Day 2018
September 15 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Coastal Cleanup Day is the world’s largest volunteer day to protect our environment. Heal the Bay organizes efforts in L.A. County and invites you to take part on Saturday, September 15, 2018.
In coordination with a statewide and global movement of approximately half a million people, together we’ll make a big dent in removing trash and debris from local habitats and communities.
During Coastal Cleanup Day 2017, volunteers removed 800,000 pounds of trash and recyclables from California’s coast and inland waterways in only three hours. There’s truly power in numbers.
Are you looking to take part in Coastal Cleanup Day on a deeper level? We have tons of ways you can participate:
- Site Captains: Help us educate volunteers, explore more about clean water advocacy, and prep yourself for the biggest volunteer event in the world. Sign Up.
- Internships: Calling all ocean lovers, animal advocates and clean water dreamers! Apply today to gain unbeatable experience supporting a massive volunteering event and enjoy working with one of the most trusted (and fun) environmental non profits in Los Angeles.
- Partnerships: From dynamic corporate meetups, outdoor fitness activities and lively entertainment to food and beverage offers, there are multiple ways to take part, so let’s do something awesome together. Contact us.
- Fundraising: We invite you to turn your wild idea into a creative crowdfunding campaign for Heal the Bay. Because isn’t hosting a Santa Monica Pier skinny dip extravaganza more fun than writing a check? Get inspired.
- Sponsorships: Help us make this a super rewarding community experience for thousands of participating volunteers and earn goodwill for
Sign up for our first Site Captain training on June 20. Click here.
What is Coastal Cleanup Day all about?
Coastal Cleanup Day is a global volunteering event celebrated in local communities. How it works is simple. Volunteers pick up trash and the items are tallied up to raise awareness about our major pollution challenges. Plastic pollution and micro trash are increasingly the most common items we see littered in our environment globally. Once again Heal the Bay will proudly coordinate cleanup locations in Los Angeles County in association with Ocean Conservancy and California Coastal Commission to help turn the tide.
Explore stories and cleanup results from past Coastal Cleanup Day events:
Thanks to Coastal Cleanup Day organizers in California: