Heal the Bay Events
- This event has passed.
Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup
October 21 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join “Pura Playa” – Heal the Bay’s October Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup celebrating the history of environmentalism in Los Angeles’ Latinx communities!
Help keep the beach plastic-free for the fall at Heal the Bay’s Nothin’ But Sand beach cleanup on Saturday, October 21, 2023! RSVP to RESERVE your BUCKET
Venice Beach Pier at Washington Ave
5138 Venice Fishing Pier, Marina Del Rey, CA, 90293
Public parking available in Venice at Washington parking lot. We recommend carpooling.
Come celebrate the history of LA and its people with Heal the Bay as our Outreach team takes time to recognize the contributions of local Latinx ocean and water conservation activists. Stop by our Education Table to learn about Latinx Angelenos who have made massive impacts in environmental stewardship, coastal culture, and environmental justice.
We hope to “SEA” you on the sand for an awesome autumn beach cleanup, RAFFLE PRIZES, and more! We’ll provide the supplies and environmental educators (look for our big blue tents near Tower 42). All you need to bring is your reusable water bottle, a light jacket, and some friends!
The Heal the Bay Team is also excited to share that our safety talks will be provided in Spanish as well as English!
¡El equipo de Heal the Bay también se complace en compartir que nuestras charlas de seguridad se proporcionarán en español e inglés!
This October, help keep our coastline safe, clean, and “Pura Playa” for all.
We provide the supplies, all you need to do is register, sign a waiver*, and show up! (ONLY individuals under 18 bring a signed waiver*) Please note: Heal the Bay guarantees cleanup supplies for the first 300 people who are registered.
Each volunteer registers individually unless they are with a group or family
- Individuals under 18: reserve a ticket and bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup
- Families: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of partner/children
- Groups: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of group members
- Sold out? We will host another Nothin’ But Sand cleanup next month. Please stay tuned for more details.
Sign a Waiver
- Individuals over 18 and Families sign a virtual waiver through Eventbrite (when reserving a ticket)
- Group and Individuals Under 18 must bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup.
- Service hour forms will be signed by a beach captain at the end of the cleanup. Please request a service hour forms the day of the cleanup as we cannot verify service hours after the event
- Help us make Nothin’ But Sand a zero-waste event by bringing your own buckets, garden gloves, and a reusable mask and water bottle
- Be prepared to be outside for 2-3 hours. Beach weather can be unpredictable, so we recommend dressing in layers. Water is available at all cleanups.
- If you have any questions or concerns please email our Beach Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to acknowledge that this cleanup will take place on the traditional lands of the Tongva and Chumash People, and we pay respect to elders both past and present.