Heal the Bay Events
- This event has passed.
Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup February 2024
February 17 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join Heal the Bay for a Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup at Cabrillo Beach.
Cleanup Location: Cabrillo Beach 3800 Stephen M White Dr, San Pedro, CA 90731
Join Heal the Bay for a full day of beach fun on February 17, 2024, for a Nothin’ But Sand cleanup, followed by a guided tide pool exploration and a wildlife tour of the local wetlands at the Salt Marsh Open House!
DAY OF SCHEDULE
10 AM – 12 PM @ CABRILLO BEACH
Help remove hundreds of pounds of harmful trash with volunteers from all over Los Angeles and Heal the Bay.
🐚TIDE POOL FUN
12 PM – 1 PM @ POINT FERMIN
Join Heal the Bay marine scientists from for an hour-long guided tide pool exploration at Point Fermin, just a 10 minute walk from the cleanup site! Add to the fun by downloading the iNaturalist App to record and share what wildlife you find.
🦆OBSERVE WILDLIFE AND TOUR NEARBY WETLANDS
1 PM – 3 PM @ SALINAS DE SAN PEDRO WETLANDS
Our partner, the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, is also hosting a free Salt Marsh Open House in the afternoon. Learn all about the Salinas de San Pedro wetlands habitat. Use binoculars and microscopes to observe live animals like the birds of the marsh, learn about native plants and observe the changes in the tides.
***(ONLY individuals under 18 bring a signed waiver*) Please note: Heal the Bay guarantees cleanup supplies for the first 300 people who are registered.
Each volunteer registers individually unless they are with a group or family!
- Individuals under 18: reserve a ticket and bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup
- Families: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of partner/children
- Groups: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of group members
- Sold out? We will host another Nothin’ But Sand cleanup next month. Please stay tuned for more details.
Sign a Waiver
- Individuals over 18 and Families sign a virtual waiver through Eventbrite (when reserving a ticket)
- Group and Individuals Under 18 must bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup.
- Service hour forms will be signed by a beach captain at the end of the cleanup. Please request a service hour forms the day of the cleanup as we cannot verify service hours after the event
- Help us make Nothin’ But Sand a zero-waste event by bringing your own buckets, garden gloves, and a reusable mask and water bottle
- Be prepared to be outside for 2-3 hours. Beach weather can be unpredictable, so we recommend dressing in layers. Water is available at all cleanups.
- If you have any questions or concerns please email our Beach Programs Manager, at email@example.com
We would like to acknowledge that this cleanup will take place on the traditional lands of the Tongva and Chumash People, and we pay respect to elders both past and present.