Heal the Bay Volunteers Now Eligible for the Presidential Volunteer Service Award!
Heal the Bay is proud to announce that our volunteer program can officially endow Presidential Volunteer Service Awards!
We are excited to take part in this nationwide program to honor and recognize our most outstanding volunteers.
What is the Presidential Volunteer Service Award?
Over the past 20 years, the PVSA has been dedicated to recognizing the significant impact made by volunteers in communities all around the country.
“In 2003, the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation founded the President’s Volunteer Service Award to recognize the important role of volunteers in America’s strength and national identity. This award honors individuals whose service positively impacts communities in every corner of the nation and inspires those around them to take action, too.” –The President’s Volunteer Service Award (presidentialserviceawards.gov)
Beginning this 2024 Winter Season, Heal the Bay volunteers will be able to apply for a PVSA at the start of every year. These applications will summarize hours completed in the previous calendar year, e.g., applications submitted in January 2024 will cover hours completed throughout 2023.
Ready to apply for your Presidential Award?
- United States citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e., green card holder)
- Must be at least eleven years old
- Completes eligible service within a 12-month period (for annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards) and over a lifetime (for Lifetime Achievement Awards)
- Unpaid acts of volunteer service benefitting others
- Service through National service programs that provide a stipend (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) may count towards the Lifetime Achievement Award, but not for the annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards)
- Travel stipends, transit/parking passes, membership passes, expense reimbursements, and other nominal volunteer support do not impact service eligibility
Please Note: At this time, only volunteer hours completed within Heal the Bay programs are eligible to be certified.
Service hours vs Award Distinction
How to apply:
- Complete Heal the Bay PVSA applications. Applications will open from January 15 – February 28 of the current year. Apply Here
- Applications will be reviewed on March 1, of the current year (March 1, 2024).
- Presidential Volunteer Service Awards will be confirmed by the end of March of a given year.
Thank You for All That You Do!