Thank You Thursdays (9/27/12)
About UsLong Beach / AvalonMalibu / Pacific PalisadesMarina del Rey / Playa del ReyMore Ways to GivePalos Verdes PeninsulaSanta MonicaSouth Bay
Every day Heal the Bay’s dedicated staff gets to do what they love—whether it’s introducing a kid to the ocean, alerting beachgoers to avoid unhealthy water or galvanizing support for solutions to pollution. But none of our work would be possible without the financial support from people like you who care as much as we do about the health of our local waters.
We want to share the gratitude we feel everyday, so today we want to say “thank you” to:
- Our friends at KROQ-FM, who for the past few years have contributed nearly a quarter million dollars to HtB through proceeds from Weenie Roast ticket sales.
- Heal the Bay board member Paul Stimpfl, Senior Vice President at Wells Fargo Capital Finance in Santa Monica, and Nichol Stuart who raised funds for Heal the Bay at Wells Fargo via the company’s “Good Works Program” and a chili cookoff (pictured right)!
- The folks at UMeTime who not only threw our volunteers a party at Coastal Cleanup Day, but also donated funds raised from their app’s launch party during Venice Art Crawl. And, wait, there’s more! The Silicon Beach company is also donating entrance fees from this weekend’s Carmaggedon II Pub Crawl in Santa Monica to help further our work.
- Corporate Healers Wells Fargo, PVH Corp. (pictured top left) and Disney whose employee volunteers recently came and cleaned up local beaches while building team spirit at the same time.
- The stylish yogis at Honu Yoga who are currently selling beautifully-designed turtle T-shirts with 20% of proceeds benefiting Heal the Bay.
- Members of PHINS Water Sports Club who are raising money for Heal the Bay this Saturday at their first annual Catalina Charity Row.
Check back next week to see whom we’ll thank!
Want to see your name here? You and/or your company can also help support Heal the Bay’s work to keep our local waters healthy and clean. Learn how.