Ines Ware, our Advancement Special Events Manager, dives into how Heal the Bay is adapting fundraising programs and focusing on virtually connecting with supporters, including the launch of new live videos and a shift to an all Online Auction.
This year has been one for the books. However, as we brace for a challenging fundraising period as a nonprofit, we are confident we will continue to keep up the good fight to protect clean water.
The health and safety of our supporters, partners, staff, and community is a top priority. Heal the Bay has postponed our Annual Gala until further notice. We also temporarily closed Heal the Bay Aquarium and suspended all public program activities.
Heal the Bay’s Auction is open for bidding on Wednesday, May 20 at Noon PDT and closes Wednesday, May 27 at 8pm PDT. You can text “bringthebeachhome” to 243725 for real-time updates from Heal the Bay about our Auction and Bring the Beach Home live videos.
We have amazing items to offer in our Auction this year, including one-of-a-kind Heal the Bay goodies, luxury getaways, coveted experiences (that can be booked in 2021), and more. View all our Online Auction items and donate to Fund the Bay!
Featured Auction Items
- K-Swiss x The Shoe Surgeon made an exclusive shoe for Heal the Bay.
- Surf the waves on a Cigarette Board made from butts collected at Heal the Bay’s beach cleanups.
- Go green with the 2020 Toyota Prius Prime, provided by LAcarGuy, which has outstanding fuel economy and safety scores.
Some Helpful Auction Tips
- Bookmark our Auction site
- Save time and register your credit card by texting “bringthebeachhome” to 243725
- In addition to submitting bids, you can set your maximum bids and the system will bid for you. Don’t worry, it won’t go past your limit.
- Learn more about how to bid
Proceeds from our Auction directly fund Heal the Bay’s science, advocacy, community outreach, and public education work. Bid early, bid often, bid generously, and help us continue to keep California’s coastal waters safe and healthy for people and marine life.
I look forward to seeing you tune in to our Facebook Live on May 27 at 6PM. Thank you so much for all your support.